The perfect desktop encrypted storage device innovation for your most sensitive information, the Padlock DT delivers the ultimate data security in widest range of storage capacities. Software-Free, 100% hardware-based 256-bit AES XTS encrypted, onboard keypad PIN authenticated, and ultra-fast USB 3.1 (3.0) data transfer speeds.
All Data is encrypted on the fly and the PINs and Data remain encrypted while the drive is at rest. Completely cross-platform compatible and OS agnostic, the Padlock DT thrives with Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and Chrome. It also thrives where software-authenticated encrypted devices fail, such as embedded systems, or equipment in possession of a powered USB port and storage file system but no keyboard. All internal componentry is protected from physical tampering with a layer of hardened epoxy, and the firmware is locked down to prevent any modifications making it impervious to malware attacks such as BadUSB.
- Create custom profiles and mass configure multiple Padlock (or other configurable Aegis devices) at once with Apricorn’s new Configurator / Powered Hub bundle.
Military-Grade FIPS PUB 197 Validated Encryption:
- Featuring AES-XTS 256-bit hardware encryption, the Aegis Padlock seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive on-the-fly, keeping your data safe even if the hard drive is removed from its enclosure.
- The Padlock 3 is ready to use right out of the box. Setup takes minutes, and it’s even faster when using the Aegis Configurator. With no software or updates involved in setup or operation and the ability to run on any platform, the Aegis Padlock 3.0 is the perfect choice for deployment in corporate environments.
Independent Admin PIN + 4 Independent User PINs:
- The drive is initially set up and configured by the Admin within the Admin mode. After that, up to four additional access PINs can be created to allow users to read and write to the drive. In the event of a forgotten password, the Admin can create a new User PIN to reestablish access to the data.
Forced Enrollment / User Forced Enrollment:
- The Padlock 3.0 has no factory pre-set PINs. Out of the box, the drive is in a state of forced enrollment where, in order to set up and use the drive, a unique PIN must first be established by the Admin. Further, the Admin can either create an addtional four User PINs, or the drive can be deployed in a state of User Forced Enrollment where the initial User must also first establish his or her own unique PIN to utilize the drive.
One-Time Recovery PINs:
- In the event that a User PIN is forgotten, up to 4 one-time use recovery PINs can beprogrammed to permit access to the drive’s data.
- All PIN entries and controls are performed on the keypad of the Aegis Padlock. No critical security parameters are ever shared with the host computer. Since there is no host involvement in the Padlock’s authentication or operation, the risks of software hacking and key-logging are completely circumvented.
- Locks automatically whenever it’s unplugged from its powered USB port, and is further programmable to lock after a predetermined period of inactivity.
- Designated for specific cases in which the key needs to remain unlocked, e.g., during reboot, passing the key through a virtual machine, or other similar situations that would normally prompt the key to automatically lock. When enabled, Lock-Override Mode allows the key to remain unlocked through USB port re-enumeration and will not re-lock until USB power is interrupted.
Brute Force Self Destruct Feature:
- After a predetermined number (programmable; up to 20) of incorrect PIN entry attempts, the Aegis Padlock will conclude that it is under Brute Force Attack and will respond by performing a crypto-erase, deleting the encryption key which will render all of the drive’s data useless.
Two Read-Only Modes:
- Perfect for accessing data on the drive in a public setting to protect against USB viruses. Particularly important in forensics, Read-Only Mode is ideal for applications that require data to be preserved in its original, unaltered state and can’t be overwritten or modified. The Padlock 3.0 has two read-only modes. One is set by the admin (in the admin mode) and can’t be modified or disabled by anyone other than the admin. The second read-only mode can be enabled / disabled by any user as well as the admin.
Wear-Resistant Key Pad:
- Designed with protection in mind, the entire Aegis Padlock family incorporates wear-resistant keypads to hide common key usage and avoid tipping-off a potential hacker with worn keys
|DATA TRANSFER RATE
||USB 3.0 - up to 5 Gbps
||100% Bus Powered
||Super Speed USB 3.0 (Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1)
|AVERAGE SEEK TIME
|SHOCK - NON OPERATING
|SHOCK - OPERATING
||19mm X 84.5mm X 120mm (0.75” X 3.3” X 4.7”) Weight: 6.2oz.
||3 year limited
||FCC & CE
|ECCN / HTS / CAGE CODE
||5A992.c / 8473.50.3000 / 3VYK8
|| Hardware Encrypted Hard Drive is compatible with all Operating Systems, including Windows, Mac and Linux Requires USB port
|| One gigabyte (GB) = one billion bytes; accessible capacity will be less and actual capacity depends on the operating environment and formatting.