Aegis Padlock Secure Desktop Drive
The perfect desktop encrypted storage device innovation for your most sensitive information, the Padlock DT delivers the ultimate data security in widest range of storage capacities. Software-Free, 100% hardware-based 256-bit AES XTS encrypted, onboard keypad PIN authenticated, and ultra-fast USB 3.1 (3.0) data transfer speeds.
All Data is encrypted on the fly and the PINs and Data remain encrypted while the drive is at rest. Completely cross-platform compatible and OS agnostic, the Padlock DT thrives with Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and Chrome. It also thrives where software-authenticated encrypted devices fail, such as embedded systems, or equipment in possession of a powered USB port and storage file system but no keyboard.
All internal componentry is protected from physical tampering with a layer of hardened epoxy, and the firmware is locked down to prevent any modifications making it impervious to malware attacks such as BadUSB.
Military Grade FIPS PUB 197 Validated Encryption:
- Featuring 256-bit hardware encryption, the Aegis Padlock seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive on-the-fly, keeping your data safe even if the hard drive is removed from its enclosure.
Aegis Configurator Compatible:
- Create custom profiles and mass configure multiple Padlock DTs in seconds with Apricorn’s new Aegis Configurator / Powered Hub bundle.
Admin and User Forced Enrollment:
- With no default factory pre-set PINs, the Admin and (if desired) the initial User must each first establish a unique Personal Identity Number (PIN) to access the drive.
One-Time Recovery PINs:
- In the event that a User PIN is forgotten, up to 4 one-time use recovery PINs can be programmed to permit access to the drive’s data.
- Locks automatically whenever it’s unplugged from its powered USB port, and is further programmable to also lock after a predetermined period of inactivity.
- Designated for specific cases in which the drive needs to remain unlocked, e.g., during reboot, passing the drive through a virtual machine, or other similar situations that would normally prompt the Padlock DT to automatically lock. When enabled, Lock-Override Mode allows the drive to remain unlocked through USB port re-enumeration and will not re-lock unless power is interrupted.
- Allows the drive to be cleared and redeployed. Capable of generating an infinite number of randomly generated encryption keys, The Aegis Padlock DT can be reset as many times as desired.
- After a predetermined number (programmable; up to 20) of incorrect PIN entry attempts, the Padlock DT will conclude that it is under Brute Force Attack and will respond by performing a crypto-erase – deleting the encryption key which will render all of the key’s data useless.
Two Read-Only Modes:
- Perfect for accessing data on the key in a public setting to protect against USB viruses. Particularly important in forensics, Read-Only Mode is ideal for applications that require data to be preserved in its original, unaltered state and can’t be overwritten or modified. The Padlock DT has two read-only modes. One is set by the Admin in the Admin mode and can’t be modified or disabled by anyone other than the Admin. The second read-only mode can be set and disabled by a user but can also be overridden by the Admin as well.
- The last line of defense for data security where all of the drive’s contents must be wiped to avert breach. The Secure Key’s Self-Destruct PIN defends against physically compromising situations by erasing the drive’s contents, leaving it in normal working order and to appear as if it has yet to be deployed.
Apricorn 2TB Aegis Padlock DT USB 3.0 External Desktop Drive, perfect encrypted storage device, Padlock DT delivers the ultimate data security and storage capacities, software-Free hardware-based 256-bit AES XTS encrypted, keypad PIN authenticated.