Cisco 550X Series switches provide the advanced feature set that growing businesses require and that high-bandwidth applications and technologies demand. These switches can improve the availability of your critical applications, protect your business information, and optimize your network bandwidth to more effectively deliver information and support applications. The switches provide the following benefits.
High-Performance 10 Gigabit Ethernet
Cisco 550X Series switches break the barrier of 10 Gigabit Ethernet adoption by providing affordable and flexible configurations customized for the demanding network requirements of small and medium businesses.
The Cisco 550X Series integrates a variety of power-saving features across all models, providing the industry’s most extensive energy-efficient switching portfolio. These switches are designed to conserve energy by optimizing power use, which helps protects the environment and reduce your energy costs. They provide an eco-friendly network solution without compromising performance. Cisco 550X Series switches feature:
- Support for the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods
- The latest application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), which use low-power 28- or 40-nanometer technology and low-power, high-performance ARM CPUs
- Automatic power shutoff on ports when a link is down
- LEDs that can be turned off to save power
- Embedded intelligence to adjust signal strength based on the length of the connecting cable
- Smart fans in which fan speed is automatically adjusted according to switch temperature to decrease acoustic noise and save power
- Ports: 48 x 10/100/1000 PoE+ ports with 740W power budget
- Ports: 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet (2 x 10GBase-T/SFP+ combo + 2 x SFP+)
- Capacity in mpps (64-byte packets): 130.94
- Switching Capacity (Gbps): 176
- IPv4 routing: Up to 7K routes and up to 256 IP interfaces
- Quality of Service: Yes
- Layer 3: Yes
- IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack: Coexistence of both protocol stacks to ease migration
- Energy detect: Automatically turns power off on RJ-45 port when detecting link down. Active mode is resumed without loss of any packets when the switch detects the link is up.
- Jumbo frames: Frame sizes up to 9K bytes. The default MTU is 2K.
- Power Dedicated to PoE: 740W
- Number of Ports That Support PoE: 48 (16 support 60W PoE)
- Console port: Cisco Standard RJ45 console port
- Flash: 256 MB
- CPU: 800 MHz (dual-core) ARM
- CPU memory: 512 MB
- Packet Buffer: 3 MB
- Unit Dimensions: 440 x 44 x 450 mm (17.3 x 1.7 x 17.72 in)
- Unit Weight: 6.69 kg (14.75 lb)
- Package Contents: Cisco 550X Series Stackable Managed Switch, Power cord, Mounting kit included with all models, Serial cable, CD-ROM with user documentation (PDF) included, Quick Start Guide