The Cisco 550X Series Stackable Managed Switches are the next-generation stackable managed Ethernet switches that provide the advanced capabilities and superior performance you need to support a more demanding network environment at an affordable price. These switches incorporate fan and power hardware redundancy, increasing overall network availability. The Cisco 550XG models provide 16, 24, or 48 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet with both copper and fiber connection options, providing a solid foundation for your current business applications, as well as those you are planning for the future. At the same time, these switches are easy to deploy and manage, without a large IT staff.
Features and Benefits
- Cisco 550X Series switches provide the advanced feature set that growing businesses require and that high-bandwidth applications and technologies demand. These switches can improve the availability of your critical applications, protect your business information, and optimize your network bandwidth to more effectively deliver information and support applications. The switches provide the following benefits.
High-Performance 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Cisco 550XG models in 550X Series switches break the barrier of 10 Gigabit Ethernet adoption by providing affordable and flexible configurations customized for the demanding network requirements of small and medium businesses.
- With 10G copper ports on those switches, you can easily and cost-effectively enable 10G connections to servers and network storage devices with standard RJ45 Ethernet cable. You can also connect the 10G SFP+ fiber ports to 10G uplinks of your access switches, building a high-performance aggregation or core to speed up the overall operation of your network.
High Reliability and Resiliency
- In a growing business in which availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week is critical, you need to assure that employees and customers can always access the data and resources whenever they need. In these environments, stackable switches can play an important role in eliminating downtime and improving network resiliency. For example, if a switch within a Cisco 550X Series stack fails, another switch immediately takes over, keeping your network up and running. You can also replace individual devices in the stack without taking your network offline or affecting employee productivity.
- 24x10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+
- 2x10 Gigabit Ethernet 10Gbase-T copper port (combo with 2 SFP+)
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet management port
- Capacity in mpps (64-byte packets): 357.12
- Switching Capacity (Gbps): 480
- IPv4 support
- VLAN support
- Packet Buffer: 16Mb
- Support for the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods
- The latest application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), which use low-power 40-nanometer technology and low-power, high-performance ARM CPUs
- Automatic power shutoff on ports when a link is down
- LEDs that can be turned off to save power
- Embedded intelligence to adjust signal strength based on the length of the connecting cable
- Smart fans in which fan speed is automatically adjusted according to switch temperature to decrease acoustic noise and save power