Cisco SF300-24P Managed Switch 24 Fast Ethernet with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
The Cisco 300 Series, part of the Cisco Small Business line of network solutions, is a portfolio of affordable managed switches that provides a reliable foundation for your business network. These switches deliver the features you need to improve the availability of your critical business applications, protect your sensitive information, and optimize your network bandwidth to deliver information and applications more effectively. Easy to set up and use, the Cisco 300 Series provides the ideal combination of affordability and capabilities for small businesses, and helps you create a more efficient, better-connected workforce.
The Cisco 300 Series is broad portfolio of fixed-configuration managed Ethernet switches. Models are available with 8 to 48 ports of Fast Ethernet and 10 to 52 ports of Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, providing optimal flexibility to create exactly the right network foundation for your business. However, unlike other small business switching solutions that provide managed network capabilities only in the costliest models, all Cisco 300 Series Switches support the advanced security management capabilities and network features you need to support business-class data, voice, security, and wireless technologies. At the same time, these switches are simple to deploy and configure, allowing you to take advantage of the managed network services your business needs.
Whether you need a basic high-performance network to connect employee computers or a solution to deliver data, voice, and video services, the Cisco 300 Series offers a solution to meet your needs. Possible deployment scenarios include:
- Secure desktop connectivity: Cisco 300 Series Switches can simply and securely connect employees working in small offices with each other and with all of the servers, printers, and other devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity helps speed file transfers and data processing, improves network uptime, and keeps your employees connected and productive.
- Secure Wireless connectivity: With its advanced Security features, Power over Ethernet, Auto Smartports, QoS, VLAN and Access Control features, the Cisco 300 Series Switches are the perfect foundation to add Business Grade wireless to an SMB network.
- Unified communications: As a managed network solution, the Cisco 300 Series provides the performance and advanced traffic-handling intelligence you need to deliver all communications and data over a single network. Cisco offers a complete portfolio of IP telephony and other unified communications products designed for small businesses. Cisco 300 Series Switches have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with these and other products, providing a complete small business solution.
- Highly secure guest connectivity: Cisco 300 Series Switches let you extend highly secure network connectivity to guests in a variety of settings, such as a hotel, an office waiting room, or any other area open to nonemployee users. Using powerful but easy-to-configure security and traffic segmentation capabilities, you can isolate your vital business traffic from guest services and keep guests’ network sessions private from each other.
Features and Benefits
Cisco 300 Series Switches provide security, performance, traffic management, and other capabilities – optimized and customized, and at the right price for small businesses. The Cisco 300 Series provides:
- High performance and reliability: Cisco 300 Series Switches have been rigorously tested to deliver the high availability and performance you expect from a Cisco switch. The solutions speed up file transfer times and improve slow, sluggish networks, while keeping your vital business applications available and preventing costly downtime. As a managed switching solution, the Cisco 300 Series also gives you the flexibility to manage and prioritize high-bandwidth traffic such as voice. That means you can empower your employees with state-of-the-art communication and productivity solutions, without draining the performance of your other business applications.
- Strong security: The Cisco 300 Series Switches provide a high level of security and give you fine- grained control to safeguard your network from unauthorized users. Advanced security features include:
- Embedded security to protect management data traveling to and from the switch and encrypt network communications.
- Extensive access control lists (ACLs) to restrict sensitive portions of the network from unauthorized users and guard against network attacks.
- Guest virtual LANs (VLANs) to let you provide Internet connectivity to nonemployee users while isolating critical business services from guest traffic.
- Support for advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X port security to tightly limit access to specific segments of your network. Web based authentication provides a consistent interface to authenticate all types of host devices and operating systems, without the complexity of deploying IEEE 802.1X clients on each endpoint.
- Time based ACLs and Port Operation restrict access to the network during predesignated times, such as business hours.
- Security mechanisms such as, Bridge Protocol Data Unit (BPDU) Guard and broadcast/multicast/unknown unicast storm control, protect the network from invalid configurations or malicious intent.
- Secure Core Technology (SCT) helps ensure that the switch will receive and process management and protocol traffic no matter how much traffic is received.
- Advanced defense mechanisms, including Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI), IP Source Guard, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping, detect and block deliberate network attacks. Combinations of these protocols are also referred to as IPMB (IP-MAC-port binding).
- IPv6 First Hop Security extends the advanced threat protection to IPv6. This comprehensive security suite includes ND inspection, RA guard, DHCPv6 guard and neighbor binding integrity check, providing unparalleled protection against a vast range of address spoofing and man in the middle attack on IPv6 networks.
- DOS (denial-of-service) attack prevention maximizes network uptime in the presence of an attack.
- Protection of management sessions using Radius, TACACS+ and local database authentication as well as secure management sessions over SSL, SSH, and SNMPv3.
- Power over Ethernet: Cisco 300 Series Switches are available with up to 48 PoE ports of Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. This capability simplifies advanced technology deployments such as IP telephony, wireless, and IP surveillance by allowing you to connect and power network endpoints over a single Ethernet cable. With no need to install separate power supplies for IP phones or wireless access points, you can take advantage of advanced communications technologies more quickly, and at a lower cost. Some models support both IEEE 802.3af PoE and IEEE 802.3at PoE+ while others support IEEE 802.3af PoE only.
Device Type: Switch - 24 ports - L3 - managed
Enclosure Type: Rack-mountable - 1U
Ports: 24 x 10/100 + 2 x combo Gigabit SFP + 2 x 10/100/1000
Power Over Ethernet (PoE): Yes
Performance: Switching capacity : 12.8 Gbps
Forwarding performance (64-byte packet size) : 9.52 Mpps
MAC Address Table Size: 8K entries
Routing Protocol: Static IPv4 routing
Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, CLI
Encryption Algorithm: SSL
Authentication Method: Secure Shell (SSH), RADIUS, TACACS+
Features: Layer 3 switching, layer 2 switching, DHCP support, BOOTP support, VLAN support, IGMP snooping, Syslog support, DoS attack prevention, port mirroring, DiffServ support, Weighted Round Robin (WRR) queuing, Broadcast Storm Control, IPv6 support, Multicast Storm Control, Unicast Storm Control, firmware upgradable, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), Jumbo Frames support, MLD snooping
Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.1s
RAM: 128 MB
Flash Memory: 16 MB flash
Status Indicators: Link activity, port transmission speed, system
Interfaces: 24 x 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45 - PoE
1 x console - 9 pin D-Sub (DB-9) - management
4 x 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45
2 x SFP (mini-GBIC)
Power Device: Power supply - internal
Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
Width: 17.3 in
Depth: 10.1 in
Height: 1.5 in
Weight: 8.2 lbs
Cables Included: 1 x serial cable
Rack Mounting Kit: Included
MTBF: 241,996 hour(s)
Compliant Standards: CE, UL 60950, FCC Part 15 A, CSA 22.2
Localization: Chinese (simplified), English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese
Service & Support: Limited lifetime warranty
Service & Support Details: Limited warranty - replacement - lifetime - response time: next business day
Technical support - web support - 1 year
Technical support - phone consulting - 1 year
Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
Max Operating Temperature: 104 °F
Humidity Range Operating: 10 - 90% (non-condensing)
Min Storage Temperature: -4 °F
Max Storage Temperature: 158 °F
Humidity Range Storage: 10 - 90% (non-condensing)