With the fastest client speeds and great access point capacity, along with local and network-wide spectrum reuse, the Mimosa A5c delivers the highest possible scale for any unlicensed fixed wireless network. The A5c is well suited for long range pole and tower multipoint applications, Access Point Collocation (GPS Sync) and Municipal and Rural Licensed Public Safety multipoint (4.9 GHz).
Increased Capacity at Each Site
With integrated high precision GPS Sync technology, new A5c sectors can easily be added at existing Mimosa A5 and B5 sites and reuse the same channel. This saves valuable, scarce unlicensed spectrum resources when new A5c devices are installed “back-to-back” on the same tower or pole
Network Scalability Perfected
Every deployed device is collaboratively synchronized across the network. This allows easy channel reuse to save valuable spectrum network wide. Connected to Mimosa Cloud, deployment of the A5c is incredibly simple with network spectrum use and performance optimized across all of your deployed devices.
Ultra High Client Capacity
TDMA techniques provide significant improvements when scaling the number of clients. By dynamically allocating timeslots and supporting Multi-User MIMO in the downstream direction and allocating upstream timeslots upon client request, network scale, spectrum efficiency and access point utilization are optimized to the highest degree possible.
With client speeds capable of 500 Mbps+ and access point capacity up to 1.5 Gbps, the A5 delivers the speeds consumers and business users demand at a fraction of the cost of delivering Fiber to the Premises.
The Mimosa N5-45x4 is the industry’s first sector antenna to deliver the best of both worlds — incredible noise rejection and long-distance performance, with wideband 4.9–6.4 GHz operation for fixed wireless broadband. This 4-port, dual-slant polarization, 45º sector is designed for use with the Mimosa A5c 4x4 MIMO radio, delivering gain-enhancing beamforming for the best possible channel reuse, range and noise rejection at collocation and tower sites.
Reject Noise and Synchronize
Overcoming noise at tower sites is key to scaling capacity. The N5-45x4 delivers industry-leading side lobe rejection and an unprecedented 43 dB front-toback (FTB) performance — the highest FTB ratio of any sector or horn antenna in the industry. When used in combination with the Mimosa A5c access point, there’s no higher performance tower solution to deliver full, 2x spectrum reuse.
Supporting 4.9 GHz public safety applications and multipoint licensed operation up to 6.4 GHz (where regulations allow), the N5-45x4 provides an additional 800 MHz of spectrum beyond the crowded 5.15–5.85 GHz unlicensed channels.
Go the Distance
The Mimosa N5-45x4 offers the best of both worlds — a long distance, high-gain sector with the superior noise isolation of a horn. Competitive sectors offer highgain, but fail to reduce side lobe and front-to-back noise. Symmetric horn antennas achieve good noise isolation, but typically offer lower gain and inefficient symmetrical ground coverage patterns.
Compatible with Third-Party Radios
In addition to the 4x4 MIMO Mimosa A5c, the N5- 45x4 will support two concurrent third-party 2x2 MIMO radios operating on separate channels to double the coverage capacity at a tower site and avoid the congestion of the unlicensed 5 GHz band.
Designed for Beamforming
Paired with the 4x4 MIMO Mimosa A5c, the Mimosa N5-45x4 provides an easy-to-aim, 9º vertical beamwidth coverage area with a narrow, 4.5º signal and +3 dB gain per client. In the uplink direction, the A5c’s digital phasing works with the 4 port N5-45x4, adding +3 dB of receive gain.
* 4.9 GHz uses 20 MHz channel widths
** Enabled in future software releases
Technical Specifications Antenna
• Gain: 22 dBi (+3 dBi from beamforming)
• Polarization: Dual-slant 45º
• Azimuth Beamwidth (4 dB): 45º
• Azimuth Beamwidth (3 dB): 42º
• Elevation Beamwidth (3 db): 9º
• Electrical Downtilt: 2º
• Front-to-Back Ratio (min): 43 dB
• Cross-Polar Isolation: >30 dB
• Port-to-Port Isolation: >10 dB
• Impedance: 50 Ω
• Max Input Power: 30 dBm Physical
Height: 734 mm (28.88”)
Width: 143 mm (6.63”)
Depth: 76 mm (3.0”) including connectors
• Shipping Box Dimensions:
Height: 981 mm (38.62”)
Width: 166 mm (6.53”)
Length: 105 mm (4.13”)
• Weight: 4.08kg (9.0 lbs)
• RF Connectors: 4 N-type female (includes four 1 meter LMR 240 Type-N to Type-N cables)
• RF Connectors Position: Back of antenna, near center
• Enclosure Characteristics: Outdoor, UV stabilized, engineered polymer
• Mounting: Galvanized steel, dual attached pole mount with 20º mechanical up or down tilt. Two mounting brackets included. For pole sizes, maximum is 3.5” (90 mm) and minimum is 1.5” (38 mm).
• Wind Survivability: 200 km/h (125 mph)
• Wind Loading: 4.77 kg @ 160 km/h (10.49 lbs @ 100 mph)
• Outdoor Ingress Protection Rating: IP55
• Operating Temperature: -40°C to +55°C (-40°F to 131°F)
• Operating Humidity: 5 to 100% condensing
• Operating Altitude: 4,420 m (14,500’) max
• Shock & Vibration: ETS 300-019-2-4 class 4M5 Regulatory and Compliance