The Cisco SG300-10 10-Port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Managed Switch provides a reliable foundation for your business network. It delivers the features you need to improve the availability of your critical business applications, protect sensitive data and optimize network bandwidth to deliver information and applications more effectively. Setting up and the usage of the Cisco SF300-10 is a breeze and it provides the ideal combination of affordability and capabilities for small businesses and helps you create a more efficient, better-connected workforce.
The Cisco SG300-10 has the advanced security management capabilities and network features you need to support business-class data, voice, security and wireless technologies. At the same time, it is simple to deploy and configure, allowing you to take advantage of the managed network service your business requires.
Secure Desktop Connectivity
- The Cisco SG300-10 switch can simply and securely connect employees working in small offices with each other and with all of the servers, printers and other devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity helps speed file transfers and data processing, improves network uptime and keeps your employees connected and productive.
Secure Wireless Connectivity
- The Cisco SG300-10 switch allows employees to work productively from conference rooms and common areas, collaborate in any office and access business applications from wherever they are. Gigabit Ethernet connectivity helps ensure that your employees have the bandwidth and performance they need to make the most of mobile productivity. And with embedded security, your employees can work with confidence, knowing that only authorized users can access applications and network devices.
- As a managed network solution, the Cisco SG300-10 switch provides the performance and advanced traffic-handling intelligence you need to deliver all communications and data over a single network. The Cisco SG300-10 is rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with Cisco and other products, providing a complete small business solution.
Highly Secure Guest Connectivity
- The Cisco SG300-10 switch lets you extend highly secure network connectivity to guests in a variety of settings, such as a hotel, an office waiting room or any other area open to nonemployee users. Using powerful but easy-to-configure security and traffic segmentation capabilities, you can isolate your vital business traffic from guest services and keep guests' network sessions private from each other.
High Performance and Reliability
- The Cisco SG300-10 Switch is rigorously tested to deliver the high availability and performance you expect from a Cisco switch. The solution speeds up file transfer times and improves slow, sluggish networks, while keeping your vital business applications available and preventing costly downtime. As a managed switching solution, the Cisco SG300-10 also gives you the flexibility to manage and prioritize high-bandwidth traffic such as voice. That means you can empower your employees with state-of-the-art communication and productivity solutions, without draining the performance of your other business applications.
Fast, Easy Setup and Configuration
- The Cisco SG300-10 switch is designed to be easy to use and managed by small businesses and the partners who serve them. The included device manager software provides an intuitive, web-based interface to simplify setup, security and quality of service (QoS) traffic prioritization, allowing even users without IT expertise to configure the switch in minutes. It also provides a Cisco FindIT Network Discovery Utility. This utility works through a simple toolbar on the user's web browser to discover Cisco devices in the network and display basic information, such as serial numbers and IP addresses, to aid in the configuration and deployment of Cisco Small Business products. The Cisco SG300-10 switch uses Cisco Discovery Protocol as well as Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP-MED) to automatically detect all the devices connected to your network and then automatically configure themselves for the appropriate connectivity and instructs the devices to use appropriate voice VLAN or QoS parameters. For more advanced capabilities and hands-on control, the switch supports Smartport roles which configure the ports with specific levels of Security, QoS and availability according to the type of connected device, based on Cisco best practices and pretested configurations. The Auto Smartports feature applies the intelligence delivered through the Smartport roles and applies it automatically to the port based on the devices discovered over CDP or LLDP-MED. This facilitates zero touch deployments. Although the Cisco SG300-10 is designed to be deployed without using a command-line interface, Cisco Textview is available for those who prefer to use text-based configuration. Together, these features reduce the time your staff must devote to network deployment, management and troubleshooting.
The Cisco SG300-10 switch provides a high level of security and gives you fine-grained control to safeguard your network from unauthorized users. It's advanced security features include:
- Embedded security to protect management data traveling to and from the switch and encrypt network communications.
- Extensive access control lists to restrict sensitive portions of the network from unauthorized users and guard against network attacks.
- Guest virtual LANs to let you provide Internet connectivity to nonemployee users while isolating critical business services from guest traffic.
- Support for advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X port security to tightly limit access to specific segments of your network.
- Security mechanisms such as, Bridge Protocol Data Unit Guard and broadcast/multicast/unknown unicast storm control, protect the network from invalid configurations or malicious intent.
- Secure Core Technology helps ensure that the switch will receive and process management and protocol traffic no matter how much traffic is received.
IP Telephony Support
- The Cisco SG300-10 switch includes embedded QoS intelligence to prioritize delay-sensitive services such as voice and video, simplify unified communications deployments and help ensure consistent network performance for all services. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic.
Advanced Network Management Capabilities
As a managed switch, the Cisco SG300-10 switch lets you use a variety of advanced features to control traffic over your network. Features include:
- Static routing/Layer 3 switching between VLANs: This capability allows you to segment your network into separate workgroups and communicate across VLANs without degrading application performance. As a result, you can manage internal routing with your switch and dedicate your router to external traffic and security, helping your network run more efficiently.
- IPv6 support: As the IP network addressing scheme evolves to accommodate more devices, you can make sure that your network is ready. The Cisco SG300-10 switch provides native support for IPv6, the newest version of the Internet Protocol, as well as the previous IPv4 standard. As a result, you will be able to move up to the next generation of networking applications and operating systems without an extensive equipment upgrade.
- Dual image support: With the ability to maintain dual images of your switches, you can perform software upgrades without having to take the network offline and without worrying about an outage during an upgrade.
- Remote management: Using Simple Network Management Protocol, you can set up and manage all switches and other Cisco devices in your network remotely, instead of having to directly connect to them.
Optimal Energy Efficiency
The Cisco SG300-10 "green" switch designed with power-saving features optimizes power use to protect the environment and reduces energy costs, without compromising performance. Power-saving features include:
- The latest application-specific integrated circuits, using low-power 65-nanometer technology (these chipsets allow for lower power consumption and thinner, more efficient designs).
- Embedded intelligence to adjust signal strength based on cable length.
- Fanless design which reduces power consumption, increases reliability and provides quieter operation.
- The Cisco SG300-10 switch provides more ports per Gigabit Ethernet switch than traditional switch models, giving you more flexibility to connect and empower your business. It also offers mini gigabit interface converter (mini-GBIC) expansion slots that give you the option to add fiber-optic or Gigabit Ethernet uplink connectivity to the switch. With the ability to increase the connectivity range of the switch, you have more flexibility to design your network around your unique business environment and to easily connect switch on different floors or across the business.
Peace of Mind and Investment Protection
The Cisco SG300-10 switch offers the reliable performance, investment protection and peace of mind you expect from a Cisco switch. When you invest in the Cisco SG300-10 switch, you gain the benefit of:
- Cisco Small Business Investment Protection program, which lets you upgrade your Cisco SG300-10 switch to another Cisco Small Business or Cisco Catalyst switch in the future and receive credit for the value of the switch (available only in the United States and Canada).
- Rigorous testing to help ensure easy integration and compatibility with other Cisco networking and communications products, including the complete Cisco Small Business portfolio.
Service and Support
- The Cisco SG300-10 switch is backed by the Cisco Small Business Support Service, which provides affordable peace-of-mind coverage. This subscription-based service helps you protect your investment and derive maximum value from Cisco Small Business products. Delivered by Cisco and backed by your trusted partner, this comprehensive service includes software updates, access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center and extends technical service to three years. Cisco Small Business products are supported by professionals in Cisco Small Business Support Center locations worldwide who are specifically trained to understand your needs. The Cisco Small Business Support Community, an online forum, enables you to collaborate with your peers and reach Cisco technical experts for support information.
- Capacity in Mpps (64-byte packets): 14.88
- Switching Capacity in Gbps: 20.0
Quality of Service
- Priority Levels: 4 hardware queues
- Scheduling: Strict priority and weighted round-robin
- Queue assignment based on DSCP and class of service (802.1p/CoS)
- Class of Service: Port based; 802.1p VLAN priority based; IPv4/v6 IP precedence/type of service/DSCP based; Differentiated Services (DiffServ); classification and re-marking ACLs, trusted QoS
- Rate Limiting: Ingress policer; egress shaping and rate control; per VLAN, per port and flow based
- IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.3ad LACP, IEEE 802.3z Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.3x Flow Control, IEEE 802.1D (STP, GARP, and GVRP),IEEE 802.1Q/p VLAN, IEEE 802.1w RSTP, IEEE 802.1s Multiple STP, IEEE 802.1X Port Access Authentication, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3at, RFC 768, RFC 783, RFC 791, RFC 792, RFC 793, RFC 813, RFC 879, RFC 896, RFC 826, RFC 854, RFC 855, RFC 856, RFC 858, RFC 894, RFC 919, RFC 922, RFC 920, RFC 950, RFC 951, RFC 1042, RFC 1071, RFC 1123, RFC 1141, RFC 1155, RFC 1157, RFC 1350, RFC 1533, RFC 1541, RFC 1542, RFC 1624, RFC 1700, RFC 1867, RFC 2030, RFC 2616, RFC 2131, RFC 2132, RFC 3164, RFC 3411, RFC 3412, RFC 3413, RFC 3414, RFC 3415, RFC 2576, RFC 4330, RFC 1213, RFC 1215, RFC 1286, RFC 1442, RFC 1451, RFC 1493, RFC 1573, RFC 1643, RFC 1757, RFC 1907, RFC 2011, RFC 2012, RFC 2013, RFC 2233, RFC 2618, RFC 2665, RFC 2666, RFC 2674, RFC 2737, RFC 2819, RFC 2863, RFC 1157, RFC 1493, RFC 1215, RFC 3416
- Web User Interface: Built-in switch configuration utility for easy browser-based device configuration (HTTP/HTTPS). Supports configuration, system dashboard, system maintenance and monitoring
- SNMP: SNMP versions 1, 2c, and 3 with support for traps, and SNMP version 3 user-based security model
- Remote Monitoring: Embedded RMON software agent supports 4 RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms and events) for enhanced traffic management, monitoring and analysis
- IPv4 and IPv6 Dual Stack: Coexistence of both protocol stacks to ease migration
- Firmware Upgrade: Web browser upgrade (HTTP/HTTPS) and TFTP
- Upgrade can be initiated through console port as well
- Dual images for resilient firmware upgrades
- Port Mirroring: Traffic on a port can be mirrored to another port for analysis with a network analyzer or RMON probe. Up to 8 source ports can be mirrored to one destination port. A single session is supported
- VLAN Mirroring: Traffic from a VLAN can be mirrored to a port for analysis with a network analyzer or RMON probe. Up to 8 source VLANs can be mirrored to one destination port. A single session is supported
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (Options 66, 67, 82, 129 and 150): DHCP Options facilitate tighter control from a central point (DHCP server) to obtain IP address, auto-configuration (with configuration file download) and DHCP relay
- Text-Editable Config Files: Config files can be edited with a text editor and downloaded to another switch, facilitating easier mass deployment
- Smartports: Simplified configuration of QoS and security capabilities
- Auto Smartports: Applies the intelligence delivered through the Smartport roles and applies it automatically to the port based on the devices discovered over CDP or LLDP-MED. This facilitates zero touch deployments
- Textview CLI: Scriptable command-line interface. A full CLI as well as a menu-based CLI is supported
- Cloud Services: Support for Cisco Small Business FindIT Network Discovery Utility
- Localization: Localization of GUI and documentation into multiple languages
- Other Management: Traceroute; single IP management; HTTP/HTTPS; SSH; RADIUS; port mirroring; TFTP upgrade; DHCP client; BOOTP; SNTP; Xmodem upgrade; cable diagnostics; ping; syslog; Telnet client (SSH secure support)
- Energy Detect: Automatically turns off power off on Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 port when detecting link down
- Active mode is resumed without loss of any packets when the switch detects the link up
- Cable Length Detection: Adjusts the signal strength based on the cable length. Reduces the power consumption for cables shorter than 10 m
- Jumbo Frames: Frame sizes up to 10 KB supported on 10/100 and Gigabit interfaces
- MAC Table: Up to 8000 MAC addresses
- Bonjour: The switch advertises itself using the Bonjour protocol
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (802.1ab) with LLDP-MED extensions: LLDP allows the switch to advertise its identification, configuration and capabilities to neighboring devices that store the data in a MIB. LLDP-MED is an enhancement to LLDP that adds the extensions needed for IP phones
- Cisco Discovery Protocol: The switch advertises itself using the Cisco Discovery Protocol
- Power Savings Mode: Energy Detect
- Short Reach
- Power Consumption Worst Case: 110V=12.2W / 220V=12.4W
- Heat Dissipation (BTU/hr): 42.3
- Total System Ports: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- RJ-45 Ports: 8 Gigabit Ethernet
- Combo Ports (RJ-45 + SFP): 2 Gigabit Ethernet Combo
- Unshielded twisted pair Category 5 or better for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX; UTP Category 5 Ethernet or better for 1000BASE-T
Packet Buffer Memory
- 100-240V 47-63 Hz, internal, universal
- UL (UL 60950), CSA (CSA 22.2), CE mark, FCC Part 15 (CFR 47) Class A
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 158°F (-20 to 70°C)
- Operating Humidity: 10 to 90%, relative, noncondensing
- Storage Humidity: 10 to 90%, relative, noncondensing
- Web Browser: Mozilla Firefox version 2.5 or later; Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 or later
- Category 5 Ethernet network cable
- TCP/IP, network adapter and network operating system (such as Microsoft Windows, Linux or Mac OS X) installed on each computer in the network
- 6.7 x 11 x 1.45" (170 x 279.4 x 36.83 mm)