- The Cisco 220 Series, part of the Cisco small and midsize business portfolio, is a series of affordable smart switches equipped with security, performance, and ease of use to help build a solid business network within a restricted budget. Offered with a limited lifetime warranty, these switches deliver a powerful combination of features at a lower cost than fully managed switches.
- The Cisco 220 Series includes a broad range of smart switches that provide Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet access with Power over Ethernet (PoE) Plus options. With an intuitive web interface, energy-saving technologies, and rich customizable features, these switches can not only improve the productivity for your business today, but also meet the evolving network demands in the future.
With Cisco 220 Series switches, you can not only build an efficient and reliable network to connect the workforce, but also advanced solutions to deliver data, voice, and video services on a converged infrastructure. Get the best value for your money by improving the productivity of employees. Possible deployment scenarios include:
- Secured desktop connectivity. Cisco 220 Series switches can quickly and reliably connect employees working in small offices with each other and with all of the servers, printers, and other devices they use. With device authentication and access control, you can maintain the integrity of key business information while keeping you employees connected and productive.
- Flexible wireless connectivity. With PoE+ support, and comprehensive security and Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities, Cisco 220 Series switches provide a solid foundation to add business-grade wireless to the network. You can easily move up to a cutting-edge 802.11ac wireless access point to increase workforce productivity without worrying about power and throughput.
- Unified communications. The Cisco 220 Series switches provide QoS features to automatically prioritize delay-sensitive traffic to help you easily deploy an IP-based communication solution on a converged network. PoE+ support can enable IP cameras and videophones to be easily added to your current network. Cisco offers a complete portfolio of IP telephony and other unified communications products designed for small businesses. Cisco 220 Series switches have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with these and other vendor products.
Features and benefits
Smart switches are typically low priced but limited in functionality. The Cisco 220 Series provides rich features designed for growing businesses while maintaining the affordability of smart switches.
- Simple and flexible management. Cisco 220 Series switches are easy to deploy and use for both nontechnical users and IT professionals. These switches provide management options such as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and a Command-Line Interface (CLI), besides the intuitive, web-based interface and Cisco FindIT utility.
- Power over Ethernet Plus. PoE+ streamlines the deployment for wireless access points, IP telephony, and video surveillance by allowing power and data to run over a single network cable. Cisco 220 Series switches support PoE+, which provides up to 30 watts of power per port. PoE+ can enable deployments for 802.11ac wireless access points, Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) IP cameras, and videophones, delivering more flexibility and investment protection.
- A higher level of security and intelligence. Access Control Lists (ACLs) and flow-based QoS give you more control over network performance, maintain the integrity of key business information, and enable higher network efficiency.
- Ports: 48 10/100/1000 PoE+ ports with 375 W power budget
- 2 Gigabit RJ45/SFP combo port
- Total system ports: 50 Gigabit Ethernet
- RJ-45 ports: 48 Gigabit Ethernet
- Uplink ports: 2 Gigabit Ethernet combo
- PoE Power Budget: 375 W
- Number of Ports That Support PoE: 48
- Forwarding rate in millions of packets per second (mpps; 64-byte packets): 74.40
- Switching capacity in Gigabits per second: 100
- Fan (number): 4 pcs/9500 rpm and fan speed control
- Green power (mode): EEE + Energy Detect
- System power consumption: 110V=59.4W / 220V=63.2W
- Power consumption (with PoE): 110V=426W / 220V=427W
- Heat dissipation (BTU/hr): 1453.6
- Unit weight: 5.28 kg
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 440 x 44 x 350 mm
- Packet buffer: 12 Mb